REVIEW: ELEPHONE U5 an economic Smartphone with a 6.4 ″ FHD + screen
ELEPHONE U5 It is the Smartphone of which today we present your analysis or review. A terminal at a very adjusted price for its specifications that has an SoC Mediatek Helio P60 very extended in its range, which allows us to use Android without any problem and which also integrates a modem 4G-LTE multiband. The screen is a 6.4 inch with resolution FHD+ 1080 x 2310 with a front with a large screen radius and as we can see with quite narrow frames. Let’s see in our review how this interesting Smartphone behaves.
You can watch the video below unboxing of ELEPHONE U5 where we describe all the details of the content of the package and you can also see the screen on to observe its quality and image. You have more videos in our YOUTUBE CHANNEL where we always hang our latest news.
El Smartphone ELEPHONE U5 It has a metallic body with shiny finishes where the rounded details stand out. The set is nice but somewhat slippery and the gift cover is appreciated. The design is simple but elegant we have lateral bevels and some lines that accompany the ends in the rear area.
In the back area we have the entire block of cameras with flash, where we have a 48MP main, 13MP panoramic camera, depth sensor camera and macro camera for objects at a distance of 2cm.
- Measurements and weight: 157 x 75,9 x 8,5 mm / 180 gr.
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 Type-C / 3.5mm audio jack / 2x nano SIM + micro SD / Side fingerprint reader.
Smartphone screen ELEPHONE U5 has a size of 6.4 inch TFT, with resolution of 1080 x 2310 pixels which gives us a density of 398 DPI. The TFT screen illumination It has enough power and it defends itself well outdoors but its low resolution is noticeable compared to other models that mount IPS or OLED screens. We generally have a good image quality, the colors are vivid and the contrast is correct.
- Size: 6,4″ TFT / 1080 x 2310 / 93,38% / multi-touch de 5 puntos.
- Light power: Automatic brightness / Good indoors somewhat fair outdoors / No light leakage.
- Viewing angles: Correct type TFT.
- Tactile precision: Good, 5 points.
- Extras: Reading mode, pocket mode, shutdown programmer.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
The ELEPHONE U5 offers good performance thanks to its 4 GB of RAM and its SoC Mediatek Helio P60 that allows us to execute any app smoothly. We have not noticed any performance losses and we have had app forced closures throughout the testing period of this review.
- Personalization: Only basic Google apps / Customizable wipe.
- Languages: Spanish and all the international Android classics.
- Multitask / Root: Default multitasking and gesture control / Not Root
The ELEPHONE U5 It has an almost pure firmware that only has minor modifications compared to the basic system offered by Google, the firmware is the Global version no Chinese content.
- System version: Android 10 (64 bit) / Kernel 4.14.141+ / Security patches 2020-06-05.
- Apps store: Google Play certified and working properly.
- Branding support: OTA updates / Periodic security patches.
Power and performance
In terms of performance the ELEPHONE U5 has the SoC Mediatek MT8695 (MT6771) Octa Core with 4x Cortex-A53 and other 4x Cortex-A73 that reach 2.0 GHz, in the graphic section a GPU PowerVR GE8300 MP4 which is in the mid-range. This SoC is manufactured in 12 nm, as we have verified the cooling system is adequate and the temperatures are low, the chip correctly scales speeds and maintains performance correctly. In general, we have enough power for apps commonly used on mobile phones such as WhatsApp and games up to PUBG.
- CPU performance: Min. 0.7 GHz / En uso 1.1 GHz / Max. 1.98 GHz.
- Comparative: Yield is similar a un Qualcomm Snapdragon 655 into a Xiaomi Note 8.
Games and gamepads
El Smartphone ELEPHONE U5 with the SoC Mediatek MT8695 integrates the efficient GPU PowerVR GE8300 MP4 It allows us to move all Google Play titles quite fluidly in medium settings, it has good compatibility.
- Compatibility: It is possible to play demanding titles like PUBG without problems although the battery drops quickly.
- Controls: Compatible with wired or bluetooth Gamepads.
Wi-Fi, modem, GPS and storage
We put the ELEPHONE U5 How can we see the performance of the internal storage It is quite good for this range of products and can be used normally. Regarding networks, the performance of the adapter Wi-Fi ac + BT 5.0 is correct and we have an acceptable scope could still be better. The system of GPS offers us adequate and fast precision and we also have compass integrated to indicate North. This mobile also integrates Radio and system NFC for payments.
- Storage: Total 32GB – Libre 25GB eMMC / USB 2.0 = 24/18 MB/s / Ampliable por microSD.
- RAM: Total 4 GB / Free 1.8 GB / LPDDR4.
- Networks and sensors: WiFi ac + BT 5.0 / Radio / GPS / Compass / NFC / GPS / Radio.
- Modem: 4G-LTE / Bandas B1 / B3 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B20 / B28ab.
Battery and temperature
Integrated in the ELEPHONE U5 we have a battery of 4000 mAh, autonomy is Really good For a terminal of this type, everything depends on the use of the screen and the processes that we execute. If we play continuously, the battery discharges quite quickly, but in basic use and on standby the duration is quite long. The serial charger is very basic and recommended to improve it to be able to use the 18W fast charge that you have available.
- Recharge: 1.5 hours for 100% / Basic series charger 5V 2A / Fast charge 18W
- Temperature: We only notice occasional warming at the rear in games that demand a lot from the SoC.
CAMERAS, VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
As for cameras the ELEPHONE U5 offers us a combination of four optics with flash following the current trend, something that as we will see does not imply that we have higher quality. We found a 48MP main camera with stabilizer, one in panoramic format with 13MP, depth of field camera and another for macro mode. We also have a flash quite testimonial that it serves us only as a flashlight in the dark.
- Cameras: 48MP + 13MP + 5MP + 2MP / PDAF / Flash
- Video: Rear camera with digital stabilizer up to resolution [email protected].
Within the default camera settings we have few specific settings, it is quite poor in this regard and we only have a format selector, timer, HDR image treatment option and geographic location. These settings already indicate that the cameras are not the most careful aspect of this terminal.
As we can see in the results of the photographs we find some basic quality cameras, the white balance between the main camera 48MP (very warm) and the panoramic mode (very cold) already indicates how limited this aspect is. The rest of the cameras follow the line, the macro mode artificially blurs the background and the front camera presents very basic results. In general somewhat poor cameras.
Speakers, microphone and lock
Integrated in the ELEPHONE U5 we have a microphone and a speaker At the bottom of the mobile, for unlocking we have a side fingerprint sensor and we can also use the classic pattern unlocking system on the screen.
- Speaker / microphone: Correct although it could be more powerful / Basic without distortion on call.
- Blocking: Fingerprint sensor on the side, not extremely accurate but works well.
Reproduction of video and audio
Regarding the video playback the ELEPHONE U5 has a VPU compatible con codecs h.265 y h.264 for resolutions maximum up to 4K 8bit, has no support HDR and has codec support VP9 P1 up to 1080p or 4K @ 30fps. We can use widgets like code The PLEX correctly. As for audio we can reproduce sound DD y DTS but only in stereo with the audio jack.
- Audio settings: Stereo jack.
test video results
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||Correct|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||Correct|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frame Break (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||Correct|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Correct (SW)|
|h.265 / [email protected] / 8bit||Correct|
|h.265 / [email protected] / 10bit HDR||Frame Break (SW)|
|VP9 P1 / 4K @ 24fps / 8bit||Correct|
|VP9 P2 / [email protected] / 10bit HDR||Frame Break (SW)|
|VP9 P2 / [email protected] / 10bit HDR||Frame Break (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K @ 24fps / 10bit||Frame Break (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate6||60 Mbps = 7,5 MB/s.|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of the SAMBA Networks.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have a specific jump in very large files.
test streaming results
CONCLUSIONS AND PURCHASE LINK
As we have seen in our review the Smartphone ELEPHONE U5 It is a correct input terminal at a reasonable price. We have a Smartphone with a good front screen for its size and frames that makes it attractive. The screen despite being TFT has surprised us by the image quality, it does not reach what an IPS or an AMOLED can offer but it does not detract in viewing angles and color fidelity. The general design is quite neat and does not clash.
On the other hand the ELEPHONE U5 has a pretty good performance with its SoC Mediatek Helio P60 Octa core, we can use it for day to day without problems in all the usual apps. The battery consumption It remains in suitable dimensions Thanks, especially to its high efficiency when not using it, in games or heavy apps is where it consumes a lot as usual. The negative point is its cameras that stay at a basic level even if they offer us so many different optics.
As we see the ELEPHONE U5 it’s a smartphone correct if we find it at a good price for a person who does not want to exploit their cameras, without a doubt the weakest point of this terminal.
Where to buy