How to connect to our SAMBA network from KODI 19
With the departure of CODE 19 Several problems have arisen and some users have chosen to go back and stick with version 18, but for those who want to jump to 19 and be able to use SAMBA to connect with our PC Windows we explain how to do it.
With the version change to CODE 19 the use of networks has been modified SAMBA to make these connections more secure, something that especially in its version Android It implies the need to configure them differently if we had them without a use password or in outdated versions. We can use this system again to share files so expanded in a simple way by following a few simple steps that we explain below.
SETTING WINDOWS FOR SAMBA IN KODI 19
The first thing we are going to do is configure our Windows system so that we can access local files on our PC from KODI, it is only necessary to follow a few simple instructions.
CONNECT KODI 19 WITH OUR PC VIA SAMBA
To connect CODE 19 Through the SAMBA network, as the most effective method, we need to use the IP of the PC where we have the local files, making the system configuration is very simple and does not vary almost from the normal process.
- Before setting up KODI you need to know the IP of our server PC.
- We press the keys Windows + R to launch the Run window
– We execute the command “cmd”
– We write the command “ipconfig”And we press enter
– The IP address will be shown and we write it down, normally 192.168.0.XX
- We run KODI and configure access to our SAMBA network
– Inside KODI we will Videos > Files > Add Videos
– Click on Browse > Add Network Location
- We fill in the data with the IP of our PC and the data of the user created previously
– Server name = 192.168.0.XX (the IP of our PC)
– Username = code
– Password = abc
– We press OK
- We select the new SAMBA connection created and press OK > OK > OK on the menus.
- We will already have created within Videos > Media Source our SAMBA connection
- We can leave the folder that interests us tight and add it to Favorites to access directly by that category.